Oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) is an expensive endeavor — and technology is critical in solving challenges throughout E&P efforts. To determine where oil and gas deposits are located and how to extract them, we must first assess vast quantities of data. Our visualization center helps evaluate data in a more collaborative environment; it’s the high-tech heart of a suite of workrooms used for evaluation and planning sessions, partner meetings, training and management presentations. Geologists, geophysicists, engineers and drilling experts review all types of data in the Visionarium.
Marathon has a strong community outreach program. As part of this program, students visit the Visionarium, fostering an interest in math and science. During educational sessions, students learn how oil is trapped in rocks and watch demonstrations of software used to evaluate different reservoir attributes.
GIS (Geographic Information Systems) is a mapping technology that allows spatial data from a variety of different sources to be combined into accurate, flexible maps that facilitate analysis and visualization. Because almost every issue has a geographic component, GIS is widely used in industry, government, scientific and military organizations. Marathon has several hundred engineers, landmen, geoscientists and HES professionals who routinely use GIS technologies to facilitate their work.
Marathon maintains a large library of spatial data, including geography, cultural features, satellite and aircraft-acquired imagery, terrain and water depth grids, pipelines and processing facility locations, oil and gas wells, lease and license boundaries, and field outlines. Library data are routinely updated so the latest data is always available to our GIS users. The library covers the entire world, with additional data detailing known producing basins. Custom surveys of aerial imagery or terrain data are also contracted over Marathon leases.
Our key differentiators in Oil and Gas sector are,
- Partner for two of the world's five Oil Super Majors, strategic engagements for 6 of the top 10 Oil & Gas Companies
- High end business consulting coupled with leading IT services and capabilities – managing IT to solve business problems aligned to strategies of O&G companies
- Proven solutions across the value chain – Digital Oil Fields, Collaborative work environment, Hydrocarbon management, Real time data management, Petro technical application management, Refinery in a box, Smart solutions, Asset management, Retail site systems, etc.
- Integrated "Think, Build, Operate" Oil & Gas delivery model – coupled with cost optimized Next Generation models to boost operational efficiency levels in both ERP and non-ERP systems
- Established ecosystem comprising of key product vendors in Oil & Gas space – including Strategic partnership with SAP and Oracle
- Set of unique O&G process labs to manage complex workflows, testing and frameworks -retail modernization solutions, OSI PI, Terminal Management & Automation, etc.
- Experience working with world's largest retail firms to bring their best practices to Oil and Gas retail outlets
- Wipro-wide focus on environment through 'Eco Eye' program investing in HSE niche solutions and best practices
- A unique energy trading practice working closely with financial experts to bring financial services best practice to energy trading
- A strong domain team with experience working in Upstream, Refineries, Oil and Gas retail, HSSE and energy trading
The oil and gas industry provides three quarters of the UK’s primary energy. New exploration and drilling technology has allowed for hundreds of new discoveries and developments, further sustaining Scotland and Britain’s greatest industrial success story over the last 50 years. The ongoing supply of these fuels and the continuous investigation of alternative energy sources, both conventional and unconventional are essential to satisfying the UK’s increasing demand for energy.
We are acutely aware of the pressures that our clients are under due to the changing face of the UK Energy Strategy. Power and Energy companies are perpetually reinventing themselves in order to sustain productivity in a core business environment that is constantly changing.
RAD Software provides a selection of established EFACS ERP based business solutions which are ideally suited to the Energy/ Oil and Gas sector including ERP suites such as EFACS Enterprise Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Mobile Field Service management. These solutions which are particularly useful for remote service and contracting organisations.
Systems that support detailed processes surrounding efficiency, quality and safety are paramount to the businesses which operate in this sector with functional requirements that stretch beyond the capability of most mainstream software applications. RAD utilises its wealth of experience and know-how to ensure that both the technology you implement facilitates the procedures, methods and drivers that are essential to your operations.
Comprehensive technology solutions
RAD Software’s portfolio of flexible software solutions can be tailored and configured to meet both the long term, strategic demands of your company as well as your ongoing, day-to-day requirements:
- Integrated and comprehensive Field Service Management capability providing real-time information and resources to field based engineers delivered directly to their mobile or touchscreen device.
- Increased productivity through powerful workflow engine.
- Comprehensive toolkit offering significant front end configuration capability extending the core application to allow for industry specific tasks such as oil field rentals management.
- Contract Control module providing a powerful system for defining a contract structure, and maintaining contract information through all the stages of a contract to completion.
- Modular system providing platform for growth incorporating fully integrated financial system suitable for a variety of manufacturing methodologies including:
- Make-to-Order and Engineer-to-Order
Throughout Scotland and the rest of the UK there are several leading manufacturing, wholesale and distribution enterprises in the energy and oil and gas sector who have had years of documented benefit from business solutions such as our EFACS ERP:
Faced with increased performance pressures, organizations need to manage their resources more effectively. CGI offers enterprise resource planning (ERP) services that help clients get the most from their ERP investments. We implement, integrate and manage popular ERP packages, such as from Oracle, SAP and Maximo, as well as our own industry-specific solutions, CGI Advantage™ for state and local government agencies, Momentum® for federal government agencies and Horizon for oil and gas companies.
CGI’s ERP services range from assisting organizations through the selection process to implementing and hosting the chosen ERP suite.
- Analysis: evaluating the need and justification for an ERP system
- Planning: building the road map for a successful ERP implementation that meets targeted objectives
- Implementation: implementing ERP suites, including database management, development tools, applications server and business intelligence
- Custom development and upgrades: providing for technology and applications upgrades and other modernization activities
- Managed services: providing a full range of outsourcing services, including data center and application hosting, DBA monitoring, and technical support and evolution
Momentum® Enterprise Solution: Our U.S. federal financial management software has been successfully implemented at more than 50 federal agencies.
SAP: With more than 300 SAP implementations, 500 dedicated experts and a fully staffed SAP center of expertise, CGI helps clients maximize their SAP solutions and achieve cohesive operations that grow their business.
Oracle (PDF): CGI’s Oracle practice and data and support centers provide clients with the experience and expertise they need to design, develop, deploy, maintain and modernize Oracle (e-business or special edition), PeopleSoft and JD Edwards solutions.
Maximo: CGI implements and integrates industry-leading Maximo systems to improve productivity and harmonize systems.
CGI Advantage™ ERP: Has helped nearly 190 U.S. state and local organizations better serve their 90 million+ citizens and more effectively manage over $500 billion in public funds; the solution addresses all major administrative requirements in areas such as finance, procurement, budgeting, reporting, payroll and human resources.
Horizon: Helps oil and gas companies capture and administer financial, operational and lease data smoothly, quickly and accurately across the organization.